Vue de monde, a fine dining restaurant located in Melbourne, Australia, is currently looking for an exceptionally talented Sommelier to join our award-winning team. Vue de Monde is the iconic heart of the Vue Group, showcasing brilliant Australian produce in breath-taking surroundings. Our fine-dining restaurant is consistently reviewed amongst Australia’s best. Vue de monde provides a dining experience incomparable to any other with sweeping views across Melbourne, coupled with world-class degustation offerings.
In this role you will report to the Restaurant Manager and Head Sommelier. You will be responsible for assisting in the organisation of our extensive and award-winning wine cellar and providing exceptional international & local wine knowledge to our guests.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing superior guest relation service skills, coupled with excellent food and wine knowledge.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Proven experience in a Sommelier role, preferably in a hatted or Michelin starred establishment.
- Minimum 5 years front of house experience in a premium or fine dining establishment
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Diverse international and local wine knowledge
- Flexible availability to work various shifts including evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
- Positive, friendly and outgoing manner
- Excellent presentation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Valid Victorian RSA certificate
- Completion of WSET Level 2 or higher, with a desire to complete further studies
- Court of Sommeliers – Certified Sommelier qualification (Essential)
This position will require flexibility and weekend work, your shifts may comprise of a combination of day and night shifts in accordance with business demands.
Candidates must have full working rights in Australia.
Full Time Employment Agreement
Remuneration range between $23.09 – $34.64 AUD per hour
Penalties and loadings will be paid in accordance with the Restaurant Industry Award 2020
Vue Group is a renowned Australian hospitality group best known for its iconic Melbourne restaurant Vue de monde, and other favourite venues such as Vue Events, Lui Bar and Jardin Tan.
We have a passion for providing exceptional guest experiences, whether it is in fine dining, contemporary or café. We operate with a dedicated focus on sustainability and aim to highlight the beauty of native Australian produce.
Benefits you can enjoy!
In return, you will have the opportunity for career growth and progression within an industry leading restaurant group and we are committed to developing professional hospitality careers across all areas of our business.
In this position you will have the unique opportunity to work alongside Master Sommeliers Dorian Guillon and Carlos Simoes Santos
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume through to our recruitment team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, apply via the appropriate links below.
While we take the time to review all applications, only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Address 525 Collins Street Melbourne, VIC, Australia
- Salary Offer Full Time Hourly Agreement - Refer to remuneration in Job Ad